Google Analytics is a free reporting tool that is offered by Google that offers detailed statistics about the number of visitors that come to your website. The purpose of Google Analytics is aimed to assist online marketers to increase engagement and improve sales. It is the most widely used website statistics service to date and best of all, it is free.
Why is Google Analytics Important?
Google Analytics is very important when designing websites because it provides facts about the number of unique visitors the website has, how many page views, the bounce rate, average time on site, traffic sources overview, what pages are most visited and much more. All of this data can increases the efficiency of your website.
1. How Many Unique Visitors– Google Analytics will provide you with the total number of visitors on any set time frame. You will also be able to see where your visitors are coming from. This is important especially when you are targeting a specific audience.
2. How Long Do They Stay on Your Website- the rule is the longer a person stays on your site, the better. An average time on site that is a matter of seconds or is decreasing tells you objectively that people are not compelled enough to stick around longer. You can fix that with some richer more meaningful copy or preventing the dreaded dead ends.
3. Where Is Your Traffic Coming From- With Google Analytics; you can see where all of your traffic is coming from.
4. What Keywords Works- If you are trying to figure out which keywords are generating traffic to your site, Google Analytics is the perfect tool. Google will provide information that can help you to determine which keywords work and which ones that don’t generate any traffic at all.
5. How Is Your Social Media- If you are spending a lot of time and effort on social media, you need to know what is driving traffic to your site. Google Analytics can show you the top performing social media platforms.