Finding a good domain name is hard, but there are good domain names that are still out there. Here are some hints to help you in your search.
- Try to include your company’s name: If you’re already selling a particular product or service – or you want to, and that’s why you’re starting your web site – in your domain name.
- Find a Short Domain Name: Look for domain names that are shorter than 8 characters. Not only are shorter domain names easier to remember but also is less of a chore compared to typing a 50-character long domain name.
- Be Unforgettable: A memorable domain name guarantees repeat visitors. Even if you have the best website, if your customers can not remember your URL, how can they find you? An unforgettable domain names need not be short or be made of one word. Play around with combination of two words for domain names that people will not forget.
- Avoid hyphens and numbers: Word of mouth is one of the most common ways a website spreads. If you have to explain how to spell your site, you have the wrong domain name.
- Try to avoid words that are commonly spelt wrong: For a good domain name, it is best to use words that are spelt easily. Try to avoid words that are commonly misspelled.
- Stand out: Distinctively is the most important factor of all. The domain name honeysplace.com has a very high distinctively factor. Visitors to the website should not have any problem remembering, or typing, or pronouncing your site.
Try these Domain Name Generator tools to help you narrow down your
choices and find just the right domain name for your business
Wordoid.com These days, it sometimes seems as though
every good domain is already taken. Rather than settle for a less
common extension or shell out big bucks for a parked domain,
why not get creative? Wordoid is a free tool that lets you do just
BustaName.com BustAName is a tool to help find domain
names. Type a few words to describe your online store. The
domain maker will generate domains based on those words or
words that sound natural.
NameMesh.com Name Mesh has become my favorite tool for finding unique domains. This free tool makes domain name suggestions using synonyms, suffixes, prefixes, short url, to find the perfect domain name.
I hope this will help you to find your dream name and the two of you can live happily ever after. If you have other to add to the list. Please let me know and share.