As many as you know, I have stated that coming September, Google’s Adword Policy would be changing. There have many experts in the industry had their guesses and theories, including myself. Finally last week, I received the notification that the policy changes would take place next month.
Before freaking out, Google is stating that the new policy will be “more user-friendly.”
Google lists the three main points as:
- Fewer and simpler AdWords policies
- Transparency into why Google has each policy
- More insight into how a policy can affect your ads
This is not the complete policy but this will give time for everyone to check their Adwords to make sure that they are within these new guide lines.
The four areas Google policies cover include:
- Prohibited Content – content that is absolutely not allowed (examples: Counterfeit Goods, Dangerous Products or services, Products/Services Enabling Dishonest Behavior, or Offensive or Inappropriate Content)
- Prohibited Practices – tactics that are not allowed (examples: Abuse of the Ad Network, Use of Irresponsible or False Data, or Misrepresentation of Self, Service, or Product)
- Restricted Content – content that is allowed but restricted in terms of where/when it can be shown (examples: Adult-Oriented Content, Alcohol Content, Copyrighted Content, Gambling-Related Content, Healthcare Related Content, Political Content, or Trademarks)
- Editorial and Technical – this section explains editorial and professional requirements along with technical requirements.
As long as you review the rules and comply with the policies, you should have no issues with your account.