Search Engine Optimization is the process of making changes to a website so that it ranks better in the search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. Think of SEO as being an electronic road map with your address and phone number for your business. If you provide Search Engines with incorrect or incomplete directions, then there is a good change that no one will ever find you.
Here are the numbers:
- 300 billion online searches are done per month, world wide.
- 91% of Internet users use search engines to navigate the web.
- 9 out of 10 searches are done from the top 20 search engines
- 80% of all searches are done from Google, Bing and Yahoo
- 96% of search engine users do not look past the first 40 results
- 77% of all Internet users got to search engines more frequently than any other online media to discover websites. More than banner adds, web links and email marketing combined.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is no longer an option but it is a necessity for your business.